The Smathers Libraries Wellness Committee promotes the health and wellness of our employees, users, and communities through leadership in internal and external wellness initiatives. Internal initiatives focus on developing workplace programs to improve the health and well-being of our employees. External initiatives include providing outreach, information resources, and library services promoting and enhancing healthy activities and options for the UF community.
The Wellness Committee, reporting to the Associate Dean, Health Science Center Libraries, provides leadership for Libraries-wide strategies to fulfill Strategic Direction 6: Improve Individual and Community Health and Wellness.
The Wellness Committee is charged to accomplish the following objectives:
- Identify, plan, and participate in programs supporting student, staff, and faculty wellness.
- Identify, plan, and participate in employee-oriented wellness initiatives, programs, and challenges.
- Collaborate and liaise with other Libraries Committees and Teams, such as the Health Science Center Libraries Wellness Team.
- Collaborate and liaise with appropriate units on campus, such as the GatorWell Health Promotion Services, UF & UF Health Wellness Committee, UF Counseling and Wellness Center, UF Student Health Care Center, UF Health Fitness and Wellness Center, UF Mindfulness, UF Health Integrative Medicine, and Center for Arts in Medicine.
- Provide the Libraries Training Program with direction and guidance on identifying and offering relevant educational and training opportunities for Libraries employees.
- Publicize the Libraries wellness and health promotion efforts, including the development of promotional materials, social media campaigns, or other mechanisms, in partnership with relevant Libraries staff and faculty.
- Cynthia Digby
- Terry Selfe
- Ann Baird
- Cynthia Bowker
- Cindy Craig
- Susan Duser
- Angela Gaines
- Chelsea Johnston
- Tabby Pursley