The Open Access Task Force supports core institutional initiatives related to Open Access scholarship, focusing on areas where the Libraries play a direct role in facilitating OA publishing by UF authors. The group will collaboratively support program management, shape policies, liaise as necessary with academic publishers, and conduct outreach to the UF community.
The task force chair will rotate annually. Members will represent multiple Libraries’ units.
- Improved understanding of UF scholars’ attitudes toward OA
- Exploration of the engagement of stakeholders with OA publishing
- Knowledge of available data of open access publishing by UF authors
- Promote available open access publishing options to the UF community, including the Author Rights Policy
For April 2021-May 2022, the current priorities are:
- Elsevier Gold Open Access Pilot (lead: S. Stapleton)
- UF Author Rights Policy (lead: P. Collins)
- Read & Publish transformative publisher agreements (lead: E. Gallagher)
- Evaluating OA publishing trends at UF
New items pending for prioritization include:
- APCs: tracking and analysis for planning across campus
- OA Publishing Fund (C. Johnston to manage if fund is reinstated)
- Evaluation of open access publishing initiatives
- Suzanne Stapleton, Agricultural Sciences & Digital Scholarship Librarian (Chair, 2021-2022)
- Perry Collins, Copyright & OER Librarian
- Erin Gallagher, Chair of Acquisitions & Collections Services
- Chelsea Johnston, Scholarly Publishing & Repository Librarian
- Tara Cataldo, Biological/Life Sciences Librarian
- Hao Ye, Reproducibility Librarian
- Laura Spears, Director of Assessment, consultation quarterly or as needed
The Team reports to Laurie Taylor, Senior Director for Library Technology & Digital Strategies.