The Open Access Committee (Task Force through April 2022) supports core institutional initiatives related to Open Access scholarship, focusing on areas where the Libraries play a direct role in facilitating OA publishing by UF authors. The group will collaboratively support program management, shape policies, liaise as necessary with academic publishers, and conduct outreach to the UF community.
The chair will rotate annually. Members will represent multiple Libraries’ units.
- Improved understanding of UF scholars’ attitudes toward OA
- Exploration of the engagement of stakeholders with OA publishing
- Knowledge of available data of open access publishing by UF authors
- Promote available open access publishing options to the UF community, including the Author Rights Policy
For June 2023-May 2024, the current priorities are:
- Elsevier Gold Open Access Pilot (lead: S. Stapleton)
- UF Author Rights Policy (lead: P. Collins)
- Read & Publish transformative publisher agreements (lead: E. Gallagher)
- Evaluating OA publishing trends at UF
New items pending for prioritization include:
- APCs: tracking and analysis for planning across campus
- OA Publishing Fund (C. Johnston to manage if fund is reinstated)
- Evaluation of open access publishing initiatives
- Perry Collins, Copyright & OER Librarian (Chair, 2023-2024)
- Tara Cataldo, Biological/Life Sciences Librarian
- Erin Gallagher, Chair of Acquisitions & Collections Services
- Chelsea Johnston, Scholarly Publishing & Repository Librarian
- Courtney Pyche, Public Health Liaison Librarian
- Laura Spears, Director of Assessment, consultation quarterly or as needed
- Suzanne Stapleton, Agricultural Sciences & Digital Scholarship Librarian (Chair, 2021-2022)
The Team reports to Patrick Reakes, Senior Associate Dean Scholarly Resources & Services.
Read the Open Access Libguide.
Email the Open Access Committee at email@example.com.