The Global Engagement Committee addresses strategic areas of opportunity for the Libraries to be a dynamic University partner in strengthening and expanding its global reach. The Committee promotes library services through outreach and engages with stakeholders for increased globalization to enhance the effectiveness of the Libraries.
- Advance UF’s mission by contributing to teaching, research, and other activities that enhance and express UF’s global identity
- Research and implement best practices for the academic success of international students, faculty, and visiting scholars
- Promote distinctive global information resources created and/or supported by the Libraries
- Provide welcoming and globally inclusive library environments
- Provide opportunities for library employees to build multicultural competencies
- Advocate for and facilitate international partnerships
Members serve two-year terms, with a maximum of two consecutive terms